DUI Checkpoints in Tuolumne
Where Are The Sobriety Checkpoints Tonight in Tuolumne, CA?
|Time & Date
|31 Dec 2022
|Near Yosemite National Park
|25 Dec 2022
|4 July 2022
|Big Oak Flat
|Big Oak Flat, CA Area Hotels
|31 Dec 2021
|25 Dec 2021
|4 July 2020
|9 Oct 2019
|4 July 2018
Welcome to Tuolumne County, California, where the serene beauty of nature meets the warmth of small-town living. From the historic streets of Sonora to the picturesque landscapes of Twain Harte and the outdoor adventures in Groveland, Tuolumne County offers something for everyone to enjoy.
DUI Checkpoints: When and Where
DUI checkpoints in Tuolumne County are typically conducted at various locations, especially during weekends, holidays, and local events. Here are 10 locations where DUI checkpoints may occur:
- Downtown Sonora (Intersection of Washington Street and Stockton Road): This bustling intersection in the heart of Sonora sees frequent DUI checkpoints, especially during weekends and special events.
- Highway 108: DUI checkpoints may be set up along this major highway, particularly near the entrances to popular destinations like Pinecrest Lake and Dodge Ridge Ski Resort.
- Mono Way, Sonora: Look out for DUI checkpoints along this road, especially during evenings or weekends near shopping centers and residential areas.
- Twain Harte Drive, Twain Harte: DUI checkpoints may be established along this scenic road, particularly during holiday weekends or events like the Twain Harte Summer Arts and Wine Festival.
- Main Street, Jamestown: Keep an eye out for DUI checkpoints along this historic street, especially during evenings or weekends near Railtown 1897 State Historic Park and local restaurants.
- Phoenix Lake Road, Phoenix Lake-Cedar Ridge: DUI checkpoints may occur along this road, especially near recreational areas like Phoenix Lake and Sullivan Creek.
- Highway 49: DUI checkpoints may be set up along this highway, particularly near destinations like Columbia State Historic Park and the Mother Lode Fairgrounds.
- Pinecrest Lake Road, Pinecrest: Look out for DUI checkpoints near Pinecrest Lake, especially during the summer months and holiday weekends.
- Tuolumne Road North, Tuolumne: DUI checkpoints may occur along this road, particularly near residential areas and local businesses.
- Highway 120: DUI checkpoints may be established along this highway, particularly near the entrances to Yosemite National Park and destinations like Groveland and Moccasin.
Local Law Enforcement at DUI Checkpoints
Law enforcement agencies that conduct DUI checkpoints in Tuolumne County include:
- Sonora Police Department
- Tuolumne County Sheriff’s Office
- California Highway Patrol (CHP)
Your Rights and Responsibilities at DUI Checkpoints
At DUI checkpoints, it’s essential to know your rights and responsibilities. You have the right to remain silent and the right to refuse field sobriety tests. However, you must provide your driver’s license, registration, and proof of insurance if requested by law enforcement.
Tips for Navigating DUI Checkpoints Safely
- Plan ahead and designate a sober driver or use a ride-sharing service.
- Be patient and cooperative with law enforcement officers.
- Stay informed about local DUI checkpoint locations by searching for “DUI checkpoints near me” before traveling.
Stay safe on the roads of Tuolumne County, and remember to drive responsibly!